On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Alex Stagg wrote:

I have a universal live CD 2004.3. When I boot it detects my FA311 card and
configures the natsemi driver for it, but when traffic is attempted I get
lots of messages "eth0: PCI error 0x800000" and nothing gets through. The
Netgear CD only has drivers for 2.2 and 2.4 kernels (a different driver than
natsemi). Will I need to install everything from CD and then build a 2.4
kernel with the Netgear driver or is there another way to get this running?

You can also try the tulip driver.

If it still doesn't work I would verify that the NIC is good. The FA series of cards are extremely well supported under linux. I've been using them since the 2.2 series of kernel.