On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:49:23 +1300, Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Look it was me who raised the OT-ness of this thread and if you read
> back I kind of withdrew my complaint and apologised. There is a line
> somewhere, and the related problem in this case is how easy it is to get
> info on the pros and cons of mbox vs maildir by a very simple google
> search.

Sorry to be a bugbear. I'm on a lot of other lists, and seldom do I
read on those lists, go and search somewhere else, we're not
interested, although I understand that is standard practice on Debian
lists. I, for my part, am interested in all things Gentoo and by
extension all things Linux, and as Brett stated, there's always the
chance that someone on the list has a particular Gentoo insight into
the supposedly OT question.

Sometimes a Google search on common things such as mbox and maildir
can throw out a lot of trivia, perhaps not even including a simple
answer as to why one or the other without a tremendous amount of
digging, whereas a real live body may have the desired simple answer,
and we all (at least the portion of all who doesn't know the answer in
advance) can benefit from the shortcut.

In conclusion, my OT filter is not as finely tuned as yours.

Later,

--
 Collins