On 09:17 Thu 24 Mar     , A. Khattri wrote:

> Unfortunately Portage on Mac doesn't have many packages packages in it yet
> (most stuff is masked) - its just too new. As a Mac (laptop) user myself I
> would love to see it mature. Right now, the only alternative is Fink
> (fink.sourceforge.net) but its based on Debian's APT package system. I
> held off on installing either of them until Gentoo on Mac has more
> packages (and also partly because Im sure Tiger will be out in a few
> months).

I bought a Mac Mini myself and am enjoying it.  For the time being, I'm
using OS X and another ports/package managment system called
Darwinports: darwinports.opendarwin.org

You might find that more to your liking.  Though there aren't as many
packages there as for Fink, I've found most of what I need.

Lee

--
Lee Capps

On the web at http://marge.homeunix.org