On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:00:12 +0800, William Kenworthy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What kind of router?  I have found that position is very important.
> Place base station well away from other objects (use an extension cable
> if needed), and above desktop clutter etc
>
> e.g., one monitor near the wireless base, + users body in line of sight
> means very poor (but usable signal).  User moves out of the way, signal
> moves to v.good.  Raise base above monitor, signal improves again.
>
> BillK

Bill,
   Yes, I've done that sort of stuff already. That, along with messing
with antenna direction and orientation helped, but it's still not
reliable.

   Does that signal strength number in iwconfig mean anything? What
sort of value to do you get?

Thanks,
Mark