On Sunday 27 March 2005 05:49 pm, Stroller wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2005, at 7:41 pm, Ed Jabbour wrote:
> > /etc/conf.d/wireless is unchanged from when it worked, as is
> > /etc/conf.d/net.
> > The symlinks in /etc/init.d are also unchanged.    I have baselayout
> > 1.11.10-r4.
>
> That's an unstable baselayout isn't it? I don't have a current Gentoo
> box up right now on which to check, but I think at least it's quite
> recent. Check out /etc/conf.d/net.example &
> /etc/conf.d/wireless.example if you have them - I think that if you do
> you might find there are quite a few changes in the way configuration
> should be made.

1.11.10-r4 is marked "~" - testing.  I'll try going back to 1.9.4-r6, marked
stable.  That's what I was using when everything worked.  I'll check the
examples first, though.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to the laptop
right now.  Wife's watching a DVD.  (I try telling her that the raison
d'etre of a machine is fiddling, but she always insists on actually *using*