The obvious thing that comes to mind is to get some
more swap space and see what happens then.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/tempswapfile bs=1024
count=1048576
# [sudo] mkswap /tmp/tempswapfile

should give you 1G extra swap space without
repartitioning. That, plus your existing 0.5G swap,
should be enough to tell you whether shortage of
memory was the issue.

Robert

 --- Pupeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Robert Persson
"I will shout the names of root vegetables for money."