*sigh* I guess I just have to get over the fact that such a simple oversight
has marked me a typical windows user, but seeing as how no one wants to leave
my name out of this, I might as well try to respond constructively.

As has been said, some people, like myself, are just a little newer to gentoo
than others or by sheer dumb luck didn't make all the same mistakes as everyone
else.

For the record the error was in /etc/conf.d/hdparm (not where a place anyone
suggested). Now I dare ask... is there any reason that commands are being
executed in in a configuration directory? Yes, yes, I suppose there could be
uses for every line in the config files to be treated like regular bash code,
but logically command not found error should not occur in a configuration file
unless that config file is not really a config file. I did run several grep's
on several files, but finding the offending "B" in like looking for a needle in
a haystack, especially since I didn't know which haystack to search.

How do we make it better? We could point out the exact offending file. Or say
that an error was found while parsing config files or init scripts. There are
plenty of things that could be done, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort in
this case as it was just a simple typo that spawned this whole discussion.

Dave