Last year for my birthday my wife bought me a copy of the Sendmail
Cookbook.  As I was browsing through it I found a recipe for making
sendmail forward mail with a particular address to a program on the
sendmail's local hard drive.  This fascinated me, but it doesn't say
anything beyond how to set up sendmail to forward mail to the program.
I created a program that did nothing but take the input it was given and
write it down to a file.  I then set the address up to forward mail to
the program and cleared the program with smrsh.  I checked the log files
and my email was sent to the program, but the file my program was
supposed to create was never created and I'm not sure why - nothing in
the logs.  Can anyone point me to any resources on how to do what I am
attempting.  If I can figure out how to do this the number of my
applications of it would be virtually limitless...
-Michael Sullivan-