On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 06:39:46 -0400, David D. Rea wrote:

> I'm trying to get my new Canon 20D to talk to my Gentoo box, but so far
> no luck getting the mass storage device driver to see it:

The Canon 300D and A75 don't present themselves as mass storage devices,
so I doubt the 20D does either. You can access it with gphoto, or by using
camera:/ in Konqueror, but not as a block device.

Personally, I prefer to use a card reader. A USB 2.0 reader is MUCH faster
than the camera (even my old 1.1 reader was faster than the camera) and
doesn't drain the camera's battery.

--
Neil Bothwick

DCE seeks DTE for mutual exchange of data.