On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 11:54 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> The Canon 300D and A75 don't present themselves as mass storage devices,
> so I doubt the 20D does either. You can access it with gphoto, or by using
> camera:/ in Konqueror, but not as a block device.
>
> Personally, I prefer to use a card reader. A USB 2.0 reader is MUCH faster
> than the camera (even my old 1.1 reader was faster than the camera) and
> doesn't drain the camera's battery.

OK, sorry for the list noise - you confirmed a suspicion that I had
after subsequently trying the camera on my windows box and getting
nowhere just as quickly.

I dug my reader out of the trash this morning as a last-resort, and I'll
see if I can snag something a little more reliable from work. I prefer
using the reader as well, as it's faster and more convenient.

Just needed something for the short term, until I can get a CF card
reader that doesn't have a history of hosing CF cards!

Thanks
Dave