In the past I setup a webcam to overlook the JU campus ;) In that
experience I played with Video4Linux and I think the BTTV
driver...It's hard to remember exactly, but it worked reasonably well;
however, I wasn't doing live streaming or anything like that. I was
only taking snapshots at specified time intervals and displaying them
on a webpage using HTML and PHP.