Grant ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> > > I'd like to keep an eye on what's going on in my warehouse.  I've got
> > > a solid 802.11g network going with WPA now.  What do you guys suggest?
[snip]
> > You may want to keep this in mind:
> > Cowpatty: http://www.remote-exploit.org/?page=codes
> > wpa_cracker: http://www.tinypeap.com/
> >
> > Personally, if I'm setting up security infra, I would go wired.  It's a
> > PIA to set up, but worth it in the long run.
>
> WPA cracker?  That's news to me.  Is it as vulnerable as WEP now?

They are both WPA crackers, and from the looks of it so far, it is
purely dictionary-attack.  Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to
play with it yet.  I just hold onto these links till I get time... :)

So, no, WPA is not _as_ vulnerable as WEP yet.  But I wouldn't rely on
either of them.

If your physical environment demands wireless, use one of them
(WPA|WEP), and tunnel all your data though ssh/vpn/tor.

just my $0.02

Cooper.