On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:33:59AM -0400, James Hiscock wrote:
> > Anyway, at least I now know to stop looking. I guess I either change the
> > source or roll back to an older version.
> >
> > Or does anyone know of any interesting alternatives to XDM and KDM that
> > I should look at?
>
> gdm? entrance?

Thanks - I'll take a look before I resort to hacking the source of KDM.

I see 'entrance' is currently masked. The default 3D theme looks pretty
impressive cosmetically - but does it have any important functional
differences to make it worth looking at. Likewise for GDM?

Thinking about it, if I wanted to unclutter the login greeter, I would
get rid of the Go/Login button and the clear buttons which I have
never needed - after all, I have to use the keyboard to enter my
password, so when is reaching for a mouse going to be easier than
just pressing return???

I could probably also do away with the shutdown option as well, just
by adding a 'shutdown' and 'reboot' user - so I can password protect
the options if I want without any obscure display manager configuration
settings.

So all I want is 'login name' and 'password' entry boxes and the
'session type' menu that was taken away....

I suppose I would have to join the KDE list to figure out what people
were thinking here.

Regards,
DigbyT
--
Digby R. S. Tarvin                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.digbyt.com