On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 08:16:23PM +0200, Richard Fish wrote:
> The best choice is a small desk fan to blow air over your laptop while
> compiling.  No, I'm not kidding.  But it is not very portable.
>
> Another good choice is laptop-specific cooler that blows air on the
> bottom of your laptop.  I'm using a Vantec LapCool2 that I am very happy
> with.

This actually works *very well*. When in high school I built a laptop
stand using two small blocks of wood and a BBQ rack, with one of
those small hand-held fans attached so it blows upwards.

Just by elevating the laptop and increasing circulation my IBM
Thinkpad runs about 15 degrees cooler.

And the stand, though a bit heavy and not very portable, also made it
more comfortable to type on the laptop when I am slouching in a
couch (you need to cut the wood blocks to a nice angle).

Best

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *
BOOK    ...Man had always assumed that he was more
intelligent than
        dolphins because he had achieved so much... the
wheel, New York,
        wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever
done was muck
        about in the water having a good time. But
conversely the
        dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent
than man for
        precisely the same reasons.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 2 days, 23:35