On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:16:11PM -0400, Phill MV wrote:
> Doing cdrecord -tao --dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 /pkg.iso as root (0,0,0 being my
> cdr/w drive) yields  a few warnings like

my 2 cents:

I usually use

cdrecord -dao -v speed=24 fs=2m dev=/dev/cdrw driveropts=burnfree -data
<obj.iso>

Kernel 2.6 and above with newer versions of cdrecord (forgot what
versions on) allows using the above syntax for devices, so that you
don't need SCSI emulation anymore.

Usually I use DAO because personally I have better luck burning that
way.

> cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.10-gentoo-r6
> cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
> cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
> scsidev: 'ATAPI:0,0,0'
> devname: 'ATAPI'
> scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
> Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
> Warning: The related Linux kernel interface code seems to be unmaintained.
> Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
>
> and a useless terminal window, permanently waiting on something I
> can't identify.
>

> Any help? I would've burned this in windows hadn't windows started
> BSOD'ing every other reboot (I'm on fresh reinstall #2 and no time
> left).
>

> kernel is Linux-2.6.10-gentoo-r6, and the following can be found in my config:
>
> <*> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support                                           ? ?
>   ? ?<*>   Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy support
> ? ?
>   ? ?---     Please see Documentation/ide.txt for help/info on IDE drives
> ? ?
>   ? ?[ ]     Support for SATA (deprecated; conflicts with libata SATA
> driver)? ?
>   ? ?[ ]     Use old disk-only driver on primary interface
> ? ?
>   ? ?<*>     Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support
> ? ?
>   ? ?[*]       Use multi-mode by default
> ? ?
>   ? ?<*>     Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
> ? ?
>   ? ?< >     Include IDE/ATAPI TAPE support (EXPERIMENTAL)
> ? ?
>   ? ?<*>     Include IDE/ATAPI FLOPPY support
> ? ?
>   ? ?<*>     SCSI emulation support
>   ? ?[ ]     IDE Taskfile Access
>   ? ?---     IDE chipset support/bugfixes
>   ? ?<*>     generic/default IDE chipset support
>
> --

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *