On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:02:26 +1200 Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| it just annoys me. Its has been like that for at least a few weeks, it
| doesn't inspire me to use vr.org, it doesn't instill me with
| confidence in the people who actually vet these ads and put them on
| gentoo's front page.

They're paying (or providing us with bandwidth/hardware) in return for
that ad. If they want to display a "please come back later" page, that's
their choice.

Note: this is *entirely* separate from the crap that shows up
sometimes on store.gentoo.org. The store isn't run, owned or operated by
the Gentoo Foundation -- it's a private thing that's only around because
the owner has Gentoo held by the nuts on a few legal issues. So don't
start up the whole "free imacs" flamewar again, mkay?

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm