Strange how Jarry is quiet about all this...

Anyway, I've been using reiser for a long time, I had a small server
for some things of mine (CVS, Apache, etc) running with it. It
survived some intense eletrical storms and it didn't lose data for the
6 months it was up (Processor "fried", so I had to shut it down ;) ).

I kinda avoid ext(2|3) for pure prejudice. Don't have anything to
complain about them, but when I migrated from Mandrake, I left behind
everything that had anything to do with RPM distros*. Since they use
ext3 as default FS, I changed that too. Since I got used to reiser, I
never got back.

So, basically, ext(2|3) are good and reliable, but, in my experience,
so is reiserfs, and reiser is faster. Never used XFS, but from the
previous comments, it seems to be very good in a very controlled
enviroment (power backups, independent generator, no-breaks, etc) and
for large files.

It is a matter of compromise. What is the main purpose of your server?

* - Don't ask me why, just started hating the damn thing...