Ow Mun Heng wrote:

>Can you validate that in real-life?? Since I see my CPU usage is > 80%
>all the time. Need to know if it's RAM or CPU dependent.

Well, that sounds more like a software configuration problem.  For me,
if the virtual machine is idle, the CPU usage of VMWare is 2-3%.  But I
have not run Linux inside of VMWare for quite some time, so I have no
real tips to offer there.  Someone on the VMWare forums might have a
better suggestion regarding the high CPU utilization.

As for memory, I have 1G total, and currently run XP with 256MB of
memory.  I occasionally need to start 2 instances of Visual Studio, plus
jEdit (nice editor, but uses java, so hugh memory hog), plus some custom
software, and so on.  This is doable in 256, but the system can take
several seconds to switch between tasks or open a new explorer window.
With 512M, those delays disappear.  (BTW, I don't run with 512 normally,
because usually when I'm doing all of that, I also have to have an NT4.0
virtual machine running at the same time.)

So I doubt more memory will help with the 80% CPU usage, that is likely
another problem.

-Richard