Luis Felipe Strano Moraes wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 08:01:38AM -0400, Kurt Guenther wrote:

Just checking if I'm missing something. I resumed a merge that ran
over night and it appears to start from the beginning again. As this
merge won't complete in the 10 hrs I give it, is there some other trick
I can play?

If not, I'll just do this on the weekend. I can let it run for 3 days.

I don't know if there's anything you can do now, but next time you should try using ccache. Should help you alot.

--lf

--Kurt

OK, I don't remember who it was, but just last week, someone mentioned using the feature "keeptmp" (the name could be wrong. I don't remember properly and strangly I've somehow not archived the mail :S ) in make.conf. That makes portage keep all the cache intact, but consumes a lot of hard disk space, especially if you're talking about OOo. Use this option with ccache and it'll resume the build "dynamically" .... or so have I heard!