On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:40:50AM -0400, Cosmin Nicolaescu wrote:
> OK, i'll take a look closer at my proc, but i can't really think of a good
> way of finding out _exactly_ what it is...
>
> So then what is the 'ht' flag?
>
> here's the output of lshw regarding the proc, maybe it will mean more to
> some of you than it does to me:
>
>   *-cpu
>           product: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
>           vendor: Intel Corp.
>           physical id: 4
>           version: 15.2.9
>           slot: Socket 478
>           size: 2448MHz
>           capacity: 4GHz
>           clock: 136MHz
>           capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce
> cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse
> 36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
>           configuration: id=0
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> - -Cos

Okay, I am not exactly sure about how to go about finding out whether
the CPU is really ht capable... some help?

One thing that I can think of off the top of my head is that for the
Socket 478 P4 chips, a HT capable process/board should have a 800Mhz
front side bus. Whereas non-HT cpus use 400 or 533mhz. How to check
that is up to you...

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *