On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 10:34:45PM +0100, Digby Tarvin wrote:
> So.. what is the secret to stopying vim from displaying text in
> in invisible colours? And how can I tell it to stop messing
> with the colours at all...
>
> I can't find anything in the man page, '-C' doesn't inhibit
> colourisation, nor does setting my TERM type to 'ansi' and don't
> really want to have to resort to reading extensive documentation on an
> application I wouldn't need if I had vi (there is still too much I have
> to read up on for things that I actually do want to know about...)

Try reading the vim manual sometimes q=
[ESC] :help [RETURN]

Just put "syntax off" into your ~/.vimrc
or, if you want to make it site-wide, change the line from "syntax
on" to "syntax off" in /etc/vim/vimrc

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *