On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:33:06 -0500, Kirk Schneider wrote:

> Orginally I was cleaning ccache since my emerge runs under root and
> root's home directory is on a small partition.  Taking your input
> I've decided to just set ccache size and not use my script to clean it.

Why not set ccache (I think it's CCACHE_DIR) to use a directory on a
larger partition. I too have /root on a small partition, but have a
large XFS partition that I use for temporary/non-essential files; like
ccache, PORT_TMPDIR and ?ISO images.

> Cleaning all distfiles was a decision I made on having high speed
> downloads. Considering your problem of slow downloads, I have changed
> the script to remove files that have been on the system after 30 number
> of days. Adjust the number of days based on your needs.

There are scripts that clean out distfiles based on which are not needed
by currently install packages. That seems a more appropriate approach to
me than deleting everything over a randomly chosen age.

--
Neil Bothwick

The box said 'needs Win95 or better' so I bought an Amiga.