On 4/24/05, Willie Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 11:16:23PM +0600, askar ... wrote:
> > Here is my iptables -L -v result:
> > bash-2.05b# iptables -L -v
> > Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 2798K packets, 4013M bytes)
> >  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> > destination
> >     0     0 REJECT     udp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
> > anywhere            udp dpt:bootps reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> >     0     0 REJECT     udp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
> > anywhere            udp dpt:domain reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> >     0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  eth1   any     anywhere
> > anywhere            tcp dpt:ssh
> >    77  4436 DROP       tcp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
> > anywhere            tcp dpts:0:1023
> >     1    78 DROP       udp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
> > anywhere            udp dpts:0:1023
> >
> > Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 20 packets, 984 bytes)
> >  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> > destination
> >     0     0 DROP       all  --  eth0   any     anywhere
> > 192.168.0.0/16
> >   954 45864 ACCEPT     all  --  eth0   any     192.168.0.0/16       anywhere
> >     0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  eth1   any     anywhere
> > 192.168.0.0/16
> >
> > Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 3958K packets, 3821M bytes)
> >  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> > destination
> >

> humour me and post `iptables -L -v -t nat' to show the nat routing
> table.
The result is:
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 9193 packets, 593K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 5884 packets, 330K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
    0     0 MASQUERADE  all  --  any    eth1    anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 3789 packets, 230K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

> Since iptables is installed, I am assuming you turned on all the
> relevant items in the kernel, recompiled, and booted etc etc...
> (didn't see you mention that in your original mail, but I hope you
> did that already).
I followed the gentoo howto guide on home router items1-5.
In item 2, Kernel setup, I installed as shown there, but instead check
like "s" and "x", I chosed "*". And after recompiling I rebooted the
system.

askar