Hi,

I've got a notebook with Intel Pentium M processor (Dell Latitude D800) and
experienced the following problem: There is a strange sound
(beep-beep-beep ...) which seems to come from the processor. Currently I'm
using kernel 2.6.11-gentoo-r5 but this sound is also there with every other
kernel I tried. And I tried many kernels. I then realized after playing
arround with the kernel config that the kernel module "processor" is the
source of the problem. As I need this module to be able to change the
processor speed it is no solution not to compile this module into the kernel
or not to use it as module. I heard of a "processor" module from Intel but
couldn't find it yet for 2.6.x kernels.

Any suggestions?

Regards Marc