On 4/29/05, Chris Ong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>         After I emerge samba and cups.. i got this message
>
>   * Caching service dependencies...
>   *  Services 'samba' and 'cupsd' have circular
>   *  dependency of type 'iuse';  continuing...
>   * rc-update complete.

Yes, I started getting this a few days ago. (Or I first started
noticing it.) I see it when I restart networking so I assumed they
were telling me that cupsd and samba depend on networking which is not
a surprise. The messages seem a bit ambigous though as they seem to
warn me about something that's not clear what the problem or solution
will be.

- Mark