Patrick Marquetecken wrote:

>The only access to my server is with a browser on port 8080.

I assume it's running plain HTTP.

>Now from work i want to access read ... my documents/archive will zope we
>a solution for me, or schould i look for another.

I have no idea what you want to say, but I assume you want to access
your documents over this port.

You could make a link from your htdocs to your documents, and enable
FollowSymLinks and Indexes to that directory in your apache config.

# ln -s /home/user/docs /var/www/localhost/htdocs/docs

<Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/docs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Note that this would mean all your documents accessible by anyone who is able
to connect to your port 8080.
Using htaccess password authentication won't help much if anybody could sniff
your traffic.

Christoph

--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" [EMAIL PROTECTED]