I'm trying to create an updated ebuild for treeline-0.12.0, to take
advantage of the new install scripts it uses. I'm having a bit of
trouble generating a digest, however, with ebuild digest. It is
complaining that part of the name or the version is missing, and then
that PF is null or "", and it bails. I don't know how I could have
caused this, because I didn't even touch PF and its generated
automatically anyway, right? I've included my modified script below.

# Copyright 1999-2005 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

inherit eutils python

DESCRIPTION="TreeLine is a structured information storage program."
HOMEPAGE="http://www.bellz.org/treeline/";

SRC_URI="http://www.bellz.org/treeline/${P}.tar.gz";
LICENSE="GPL-2"
SLOT="0"

KEYWORDS="~x86 ~ppc"
IUSE="spell"

DEPEND="spell? ( || ( app-text/aspell app-text/ispell ) )
        || ( dev-python/pyxml dev-libs/expat )
        virtual/python dev-python/PyQt
        >=x11-libs/qt-3.3.0-r1"

S=${WORKDIR}/TreeLine

src_compile() {
        printf '#!/bin/sh\n\nexec python %s/treeline.py $*\n' \
                /usr/lib/treeline > ${T}/treeline
}

src_install() {
        dodir /usr/lib/treeline /usr/share/icons/treeline

        install.py -p /usr
}

pkg_postinst() {
        python_mod_optimize /usr/lib/treeline