Patrick wrote:

> I can't get plone working, i have installed zope 2.6  and i install
> plone activate it and restart the zope deamon it won't start there
> are no errors in my logs

Your message is not clear: is Zope up and running and Plone isn't? If
so, then:

Did you 'zprod-manager add' and add all the Zope products into your zope
instance? If you did not, then Plone (and friends) won't work and since
the Zope products are not copied into your zope instance there would be
no errors.

In general, the "Gentoo Way" for zope and plone is:

emerge zope and dependencies
emerge zope-config
use zope-config to create an instance of zope in /var/lib/zope
  this also gives you the /etc/init.d/zope-x.x.x server startup script
rc-update zope so that it will start on boot
  (assuming this is a server box and you always want zope running)
emerge plone and dependencies
'zprod-manager add' which copies all zope products into your instance

Anytime you add a new Zope product (plone-related or not) OR if a new
zope-related ebuild is part of an upgrade, you *must* use zprod-manager
to add the updated zope product to your zope instance(s).

HTH,

Kirk
--
"Good boy, Dex!"