On 5/19/05, Matan Peled <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael Haan wrote:
> > I didn't change any networking options, but it looks like networking
> > it trying to use IPv6 after installing a new kernel.  Why, and how do
> > I fix it?
> >

> Maybe you put in support for IPv6, which you didn't before?
>
> Why not take it out of the kernel? If you don't need it (very probable), that
> is.
>
> --
> [Name      ]   ::  [Matan I. Peled    ]
> [Location  ]   ::  [Israel            ]
> [Public Key]   ::  [0xD6F42CA5        ]
> [Keyserver ]   ::  [keyserver.kjsl.com]
> encrypted/signed  plain text  preferred

Nope.  As near as I can tell, everything nVidia goes to crap when you
install a new kernel.  The list of things nVidia - previously working
- which no longer work:

1) Ethernet - forcedeth stops working, nvnet won't build
2) X - 7174 gives some rm_init error
3) sata_nv - hangs indefinitely

This is pretty fun.