Did you make the modules - emerge nvidia when you're up and running on the new kernel?

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Michael Haan wrote:

On 5/19/05, Matan Peled <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Michael Haan wrote:
I didn't change any networking options, but it looks like networking
it trying to use IPv6 after installing a new kernel.  Why, and how do
I fix it?

Nope. As near as I can tell, everything nVidia goes to crap when you install a new kernel. The list of things nVidia - previously working - which no longer work:

1) Ethernet - forcedeth stops working, nvnet won't build
2) X - 7174 gives some rm_init error
3) sata_nv - hangs indefinitely

This is pretty fun.

--