On 5/27/05, darren kirby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My version I tested with is also 4.1.4
I just can't see this being the fault of sed here, for one to work and not the
other just doesn't make sense.

Have you diffed the two different tcupdate scripts to be sure they are exactly
the same? What about other sed scripts or one liners? Can you reproduce any
other broken sed behavior?

Yes. They are exactly the same. Did not tried to reproduce other broken behaviours.
Maybe because I would not know where to begin (One can write sed scripts, and even use them. But should not try to understand them...).

As I mentioned, the version I downloaded (from the link you provided) did work
fine, and the sed syntax was correct. The error message you reported makes me
think that one of the sed statements in your misbehaving system is missing a
'/' at the end of the line...

Sorry I cannot be more help. If still no joy maybe send a note to the sed
maintainer.

Thanks a lot.
I think I am going to do that.

If one can't trust sed, can't trust anything :)

Good luck...
-d

Antonio Souto
Laboratorista e mestrando do
PIPCA - Programa Interdisciplinar de Pós-Graduação em Computação Aplicada
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação
UNISINOS - Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos
Fones (0xx51) 590-3333 | 591-1100 | 591-1122 ramal 1658
São Leopoldo - RS

["The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology."]