neil wrote:
timothy johnson wrote:

May be a dumb question, but is there a version of the linux kernel for
the intel dual core 64bit??
Yes, it is a dumb question. Gentoo users create their own kernel versions depending on their hardware and configuration.

A little harsh I think!

The standard kernel should do fine. As far as the system is concerned there are (or at least should be ;) two processors there. Just load up the kernel editor and make sure that SMP is enabled for at least as many processors are in your system (i.e. number of cores).

If your running a dual-core, double-processor system, it's effectively a quad system (no dual), so SMP should be build for at least 4 processors.

--
Jonathan Wright <mail at djnauk.co.uk>
// life has no meaning unless we can enjoy what we've been given