Howdy,

Over the past few months since my first gentoo install, I have
yet to discover how do I find out the current state of masked
ebuilds.  I.e., I'm looking for 1) why are they masked, and 2) any
known issues with the build.

I can look up the package on packages.gentoo.org, but can't
find this info easily.  Yes I can go thru the change log and
the bugs, but these are for all versions.  Takes time to sort
out.

Most of the time, I'd like to know if this masked for testing
ebuild already has some known issues (particually critical
ones) and is awaiting the next version or is it really just
waiting for enough people to bang on it?

TIA,
Roy