On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 07:03 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Thanks Remy. I'll investigate some of these settings.
>
> As I sat here at 6:48AM (roughly) the drive spun up again. I was
> watching 'top' but couldn't tell what process used more CPU.

you can choose to use debug more in laptop mode.

#echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/block_dump

and by the way, it should be which process used the HD isn't it?

[This is what happens when ppl top post and I don't read the bottom post
to reply 1st. So.. I answered the question again. Oh well.. since it's
already written]

> One setting I noticed rereading the config file was this one:
>
> <SNIP>
>  Enable laptop mode always, not just when on battery?
> # (This will still disable laptop mode when the battery almost runs out.)
> LAPTOP_MODE_ALWAYS_ON=0
> <SNIP>

This is just a detection mech. Even though it says it will disable it, I
don't think it's really doing that. Because there's no cron-job to check
the remaining level etc.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!