At 10:49 PM 6/7/2005, you wrote:

--- Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am slowly but surely rescuing my Gentoo System
> with the latest Live
> CD.  It is truly a miracle to have this tool, but
> you need to take some
> time experimenting with how to use it,   For
> example, mounting boot and
> root partitions and the proc system.  I will soon
> have my system up and
> running but I had to go in and remove the * from my
> passwd file using vipw
> so that I could get into the new system.  I am still
> getting messages of
> "segmentation fault" after I perform certain
> operations.  I am not sure
> what is causing that, but the cure is to re untar
> the stage-3 tarball onto
> my Gentoo partition.  Anyway I lost my Grub disk, so
> I am taking a vacation
> until I find it.  I am a disabled hacker who has no
> short term memory, so
> whenever I lose something, I have to take on an
> orthagonal persuit, haha.
>
> God Bless,
>
> Rob.

Are you serious about not having short term memory?
That must be difficult.

Bless you too,

Zac

Hi Zac,

I am pleased to meet you here on this wonderful list.

Oh, this is OT, but perhaps not for the "Absent Minded Professor Type" hacker. Remember that there is a fine line between genious and insanity, LOL, per Nikola Tesla, my phantom mentor. Yes, it seems to be true, no short term memory. Yesterday I got my Disabled Motorist Permit, so I can park right next to the mall or store. If I venture out into the parking lot, I lose my car. It is a green Camry so it looks like 1000 other cars, so I have to contact security and they come help me find my car.

It is not so bad as my doctors have competing theories. 1. Theory is that I burnt out my short term memory using drugs and alcohol, LOL. I have been clean and sober for years now, but I am 43 years old. 2. Theory is that since driving and parking is primarily an unconcious activity, I am unconsciously parking and not REGISTERING my car's location in memory. Thus it is always lost when I go to find it. Thus the solution is to sit in my car an meditate after parking so that suddenly I am living "in the moment" and the car location REGISTRATES in my brain. I am going to try this last procedure, as I don't want to be having Alzheimer's disease in my 40's.

Thanks for all who listen. Now you know alot about me and who I am here in Hillsboro, Oregon, where all sun is liquid sunshine i.e rain, haha. I am Rob, disabled Berkeley BSEE, now turned Gentoo Linux hacker. I hope I can have coffee with Linus the next time he is up here. He works only 3 miles from where I live.

Best regards, and sorry for this very OT OT subject.

Sincerely,  Rob N3FT