Richard Fish wrote:

>>But I have another question: At what point does
>>vmlinuz(under /tmp/cdboot/boot)make it onto the CD?
>>The path to stage2_eltorito seems to pass it by.
>>

>When you run mkisofs, it creates an ISO (cdrom filesystem) image with
>all of the files in the cdboot directory.  So, for example
>carcharias cdboot # find *
>./boot
>./boot/grub
>./boot/grub/stage2_eltorito
>./boot/grub/menu.lst
>./boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
>./boot/vmlinuz
>
>Running mkisofs from this directory will create an ISO image with all of
>these files included.  You then use cdrecord to write the ISO image to
>the CD.

I should also mention that the "-b ..._eltorito" and most of the other
options are there to tell mkisofs which file on the CD to setup as
'bootable' for the BIOS.  When the BIOS boots, if you have boot from CD
enabled, it looks for special flags and locations on the CD for the code
to load into memory and execute.  So those options have nothing to do
with which files get written to the cd, that is done by specifying the
paths to mkisofs, and "./" is "everything in this directory or
sub-directories".  Those options just tell mkisofs how to make the CD
image bootable.

-Richard