gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Antonio Coralles wrote:
>
>> I've recently turned my workstation into a router for my laptop, using
>> the great gentoo home router guide. Everthing is ok so far, with one
>> exception: I can't connect to my ssh server anymore from outside the
>> LAN, becuase iptables seems to prevent this, allthough i
>> # iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --dport ssh -i eth1 -j ACCEPT .
>
> The ordering of the rules is important. Perhaps you can provide more
> context by showing us the rules preceding the one above?

Well, this is a hot tip. I think that the order in which I entered my
iptables rules is the same as in
'http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml code Listing 5.3',
whith the exception that
I entered '# iptables -A INPUT -p TCP --dport ssh -i eth1 -j ACCEPT'
after the nat rules. I'll try to reenter them in the correct order ...

Thanks,
Antonio