Anielkis Herrera Gonzalez wrote:
> someone can show me the way to have working a Mustek WCam 300 on gentoo?
> i have kernel 2.6.11-gentoo-r9 with VideoForLinux support and udev.
> when i do "dmesg":
>   usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
>   usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71

I search for your error message and there is a lot of information:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22device+descriptor+read%2F64%2C+error+-71%22

Maybe if you add this to modprobe.conf (to do it properly use
/etc/modules.d/something and run modules-update):

options usbcore old_scheme_first=1

If you use hotplug then I believe you can use "/etc/init.d/hotplug restart" to
reload the usb modules (haven't tried it lately).

Zac