Alle 01:19, giovedì 23 giugno 2005, Nick Rout ha scritto:
> firstly is the module for lirc loaded? it is called lirc-serial
>
> lsmod|grep lirc
>
> second what device do you have as a result?

No output... I have a Pinnacle and the remote control use a serial port.
Lirc doesn't need a kernel module

> cd /dev
> find|grep lirc
>
> (it will probably be /dev/lirc0)

No, I have /dev/lircd:
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root 0 23 giu 00:09 /dev/lircd

> now assuming that is all ok try connecting to the device with one of
> the lirc command line programs:
>
> mode2 -d /dev/lirc0

mode2: error opening /dev/lircd
mode2: No such device or address

> if you can get to there, and if the device is set correctly in
> /etc/conf.d/lircd, then it should be working.

In the /etc/conf.d/lircd I have only commented options...
At end, it doesn't work yet...
What can I try now?
Thanks a lot,
Luigi