Hello list,

I have today attempted to do a stage 2 installation and I got to the point of building the system using emerge --newuse --emptytree system. I was not shure how to understand the Handbook entry in that respect, and I got an error like: !!!Files listed in the manifest do not exist! -- with another 32 packages to be compiled left. I am not sure at all what to think of it and could not find a particular reason while searching on the net. Should I have selected more mirrors earlier? I selected about 5 of the closest ones around London, so it should have been fine. Please help!

thnks Karsten

AMD Athlon XP +1600 1.040GHz
256MB RAM
Nvidia