Greetings list,

After my mobo fried, I decided to upgrade and buy a new one, with a
new processor, I would get an Asus last generation with an Athlon 64
as processor and the rest inherit from my previous machine (so,
compatible as far as I know).

I've seen posts regarding imcompatibility issues with A64 and Gentoo,
and heard about an specific division of Gentoo Foundation studying and
developing for the A64. I'm kinda a "stable" user, so, I'm afraid of
buying hardware that will still be tested and maybe encounter some
weird errors.

Any advice?

PS: Nvidia would be my choice for video, anyone have suggestions?
--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil