Hi all,
    Here in Australia the internet access plan I have is capped at 12GB
downloads/month during "peak" hours and then an additional 24GB/month during
"offpeak" hours, ie 2am - 9am. Rather than sit up until 2am to kick off a
download, I was wondering if it was possible to somehow throttle a connection,
or even a port, so that I could kick off the down load at say 11pm with the
connection throttled to only a few KB/s and then at say 2am, a cron job will
unthrottle it back to its full speed hence making most use of the offpeak time.
I'm currently using gshield on top of iptables as my firewall.

  Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Andrew