It seems that every multimedia keyboard out there (especially the usb
ones) have some or all "extra" keys that just aren't visible outside of
Winblows.

I have a couple of them!  I've tried all the usual ways of detecting
them - xev and others that do a similar thing but they just don't
register as keypresses in any standard way.

I would like comments on why, and what methods, if any, may be available
to detect such keys.  Surely with the plethora of cheap multimedia
keyboards out there, there is some way.
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp dot com dot au>

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It's already tomorrow
in Australia.
                -- Charles Schulz