Holly Bostick wrote:

James schreef:

Holly Bostick <motub <at> planet.nl> writes:

Possibly your .wav file is in fact 'inappropriately encoded'? Does it
burn if you use -data instead of -audio?

Hello Holly,
If you read the threads, I start out trying to k3b working. I have not used cdrecord, so it's quite possible (statistically probable) that I'm doing something way stupid here....

so I tried:
cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 -eject speed=2 -pad -data -v *.wav

<snip>

cdrecord: Inappropriate audio coding in
'18133194218-14129220407-05-18-2005-11-42-.wav'.

OK, two things occuring to me (though I can't say I know anything about this):

1) I was asking originally what the coding of the audio file actually was (meaning check it in mPlayer or some other audio player that will give you the details of the file itself)-- is it stereo, is it 44100 or whatever cdrecord wants, etc? It might also be useful to verify that it is in fact a .wav file and not some other kind of audio encoding that's just *named* with a .wav extension.....

2) But now that I've seen that filename, I'm wondering, "What happens if you rename that file?" to either a) something shorter (maybe there are too many characters in the filename, if you don't have Joliet and/or other special options allowed that would let you use such a long filename), or b) to a filename that doesn't have a - directly before the .wav (I've seen it happen that applications of various types, K3b among them, choke on filenames with "weird" characters in unusual places, or c) both a) and b) .

HTH,
Holly

Hi,
Just my experience here. Recently changed my CD-RW with a DVD-RW drive.
Had some old cdrecord-scripts with worked with former but now doesn't work with the DVD-RW. All (CD. DVD) work with k3b though. Could try "growisofs" in command-line mode.
HTH. Rumen