my bid is:

1) is that sata_via kernel/module actualy loading?
2) update bios
3) check mbr

hope i'm not wastig your time. I have similar box, except sata drive, but lot
of sata stuf is loadin'
Linux 2.6.11.11 #1 Fri Jun 17 11:19:52 EEST 2005 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64
Processor 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

martins