On 04/04/2010 10:07 AM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras<rea...@arcor.de>  [10-04-04 08:28]:
On 04/04/2010 08:18 AM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

Hi,

this is no security issue in sense of attacks...it is related
to the consistency of the system.

Simple question (and may be complicate to answer... ;) )

How can I check, that my Gentoo system is uptodate

emerge --sync&&  emerge -uDN world

consistent and sane?

Define "consistent" and "sane".  Those words don't say anything,
really.

Ok...

Consistency: Following each logical branch of each logical tree of control
relationship,
which is for example but not only the tree of dependancies, will end in a
leave. These are the control paths.

Sane: Following each logical branch of each logical tree of data
relationships. which is for example but not only the interaction of scripts
under
/etc, will end in a leave. These are the data paths.

These are very abstract things you speak of. But I guess it boils down to "are there bugs in my system."

Yes, there are. All software has bugs. There is a tool to check whether there are bugs: you. You use the software and check whether it works correctly or not.

For anything more specific, you also need to be more specific with your questions. :)