Hi, all:

I used to get info, error and warn messages in /var/log/portage/elog after
emerging packages or doing  emerge -uNDvp world.  Beginning about 2 weeks
ago, I noticed I am no longer getting those elog entries.  Additionally, I
noticed that I am getting duplicate entries for each package  that is emerged
in /var/log/portage (of course, these are the compile logs).

I have Gentoo installed on 2 computers, both using arch ~amd64. All 3
installations have KDE 4 (latest in portage for ~amd64 arch).

PC #1  uses this profile:  default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde
PC #2 has two installs:

        Install #1 uses profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop
        Install #2 uses profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib

This problem is happening on all 3 of my Gentoo installations and all started
at the same time.  The only changes have been through doing updates. I sync
nearly every day followed my # emerge -uNDvp world. Other than issues with
xorg-server 1.8.0 and the nvidia-drivers, all my updates have been successful.

Note: I have masked xorg-server 1.8.0 in /etc/portage/package.mask until the
nvidia-drivers catch up.

I have searched the forums, checked bugzilla and googled on this topic and
have yet to find a solution.  My Gentoo installs are working just fine except
for this issue.

I have attached /etc/make.conf from only one of the installs as they are all
the same. Here are the 3 lines I have in my make.conf files as they relate to
logging the elog messages:

PORT_LOGDIR="/var/log/portage"
PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="log warn error"
PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save"

Thank you for the help.

billyd
# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
# built this stage.
# Please consult /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for a more
# detailed example.
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=core2 -msse4 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=core2 -msse4 -pipe"
# WARNING: Changing your CHOST is not something that should be done lightly.
# Please consult http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml before changing.
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
# These are the USE flags that were used in addition to what is provided by the
# profile used for building.
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"
LINGUAS="en"

PORT_LOGDIR="/var/log/portage"
PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="log warn error"
PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save"

GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.chem.wisc.edu/gentoo/ http://gentoo.osuosl.org/
http://gentoo.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/pub/linux/gentoo
http://gentoo.mirrors.pair.com/ http://gentoo.mirrors.tds.net/gentoo
http://gentoo.mirrors.easynews.com/linux/gentoo/ "

SYNC="rsync://192.168.1.15/gentoo-portage"
#SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
#SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"

USE="X a52 aac aalib acpi alsa apm audiofile branding cairo cdr consolekit \
cups dbus dvd dvdr dvdread exif ffmpeg flac foomaticdb gif glib glitz gnutls \
gpm hal imlib jpeg jpeg2k kde lcms libcaca libnotify libwww logrotate lzma mad \
mikmod mmx mng mp3 mp4 mpeg mysql nsplugin nvidia ogg opengl pdf plasma png \
ppds qt3support qt4 quicktime sdl semantic-desktop smp sndfile spell sql \
sqlite sse sse2 sse3 sse4 startup-notification svg tcl tiff tk truetype \
type1 udev usb vorbis webkit x264 xine xml xscreensaver xulrunner xv xvid \
-consolekit -crypt -pppd"

ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel"
INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse"
VIDEO_CARDS="nv vesa nvidia"