Am 04.05.2010 18:54, schrieb walt:

>> pam_mount(mount.c): crypt_activate_by_passphrase: Operation not
>> permitted
>
> I don't have a pam_mount, where does it come from?  Perhaps it needs
> a reference to pam_ssh.so?

What do you mean with "where does it come from?" ?

It's in portage ... for example

http://home.coming.dk/index.php/2009/05/20/encrypted_home_partition_using_luks_pam_

shows how to make use of it.

I am not sure which HOWTO I followed ... but it is the same approach.
What would the reference to pam_ssh.so look like?

Googling for "crypt_activate_by_passphrase" I found:

http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/issues/detail?id=58

which says:

"crypt_activate_by_passphrase is the new API"

Could it be the case that my current setup somehow uses "the new API"
which isn't available yet in some package?

I don't yet have the whole picture ...

Thanks, Stefan