On 2010-05-06, Remy Blank <remy.bl...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I upgraded xorg-server to 1.7.6 (and the few associated packages) a few
> days ago, and since then I seem to spuriously loose some key presses
> when typing fast. This only happens in X, not on the console. The box is
> a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop.
[...]

> This is extremely annoying. Am I the only one seeing this? Any ideas how
> I could solve the issue, short of downgrading xorg-server, which I would
> like to avoid?

I've been seeing this on all of my Gentoo boxes since xorg 1.6 (it's
been almost a year now). But, it only happens when a box is heavily
loaded (it doesn't matter how fast I type).

Two of the systems are NVidia, one uses ATI.  Two are desktops, one is
a laptop.  One has dual cards and three displays, the others have
single cards/displays.

I've pretty much given up on it ever getting fixed. :/

--
Grant