On 05/09/2010 05:10 AM, Xi Shen wrote:
hi,

my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.3. i just updated my portage, and
updated the world. then i ran revdep-rebuild, and i got a error when
building "notification-daemon-0.4.0-r1". the error found in the build
log is: cannot find -lpng12

i have both libpng-1.2.43-r1 and libpng-1.4.2 installed, but i do not
have libpng12.a in my /usr/lib64 directory. and 'pkg-config libpng
--libs' only show '-lpng14'.

Are you sure you still have version 1.2.43 installed?  I'm going thru
the same thing now on x86 and libpng-1.2 was deleted during the update.
I now have only 1.4.2 remaining.

Revdep-rebuild has been enumerating broken files for twenty minutes and
is still going.  I've never seen breakage this bad before.  This machine
is going to be useless for the next 24 hours or so until all the packages
are rebuilt.